In the records and information management profession the primary certification is the Certified Records Manager (CRM). The CRM is designed for experienced professionals with management-level responsibilities. ARMA International has contracted with the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) to be its certifying body.
Additional details about RIM certification, along with a list of study materials, are available at the ICRM Web site www.icrm.org.
For a list of available study materials from ARMA International, click here.
What are the benefits of certification?
Individuals who pursue professional certification can expect to experience a number of benefits as a result of their efforts. CRMs and CRM candidates cite the following as reasons for pursuing certification:
1. Additional knowledge gained through the certification process
2. Tangible documentation of their knowledge and experience
3. Enhanced professionalism and personal growth
4. Increased self-confidence in solving RIM problems
5. Potential for increased job responsibility with commensurate salary benefits.